GAME 31: at Saint Mary's
WHEN: Friday, March 11, 2010
WHERE: McKeon-Pavilion (3,388)
SITE: Moraga, California
TIME: 8:05 p.m. (MST)
Saint Mary's leads the series, 2-0. SMC won 80-69 in Moraga during the 1990-91 season, then won in Ogden the next season (1991-92) 74-71.
WEBER STATE VS. WCC
Weber State is a collective 53-19 (.736) vs. teams which currently make up the WCC. Most of those games (43) came against former Big Sky Conference member, Gonzaga (1963-79). The Cats are 31-12 vs. the Bulldogs. ... The two teams in the WCC with a winning record vs. Weber State are Saint Mary's (2-0-) and San Francisco (2-1).
SCOUTING THE GAELS
Saint Mary's comes into Friday's game with an overall record of 24-8. SMC lost to Gonzaga, 75-63, last Monday night in the finals of the WCC post-season tournament. SMC has lost four of its last six games. .... The Gaels have significant wins over St. John's (NY), 76-71, back on November 15 at home. They won at Gonzaga, 73-71, on Jan. 27. ... SMC and WSU have two common foes this year in BYU and Utah State. The Gaels lost to BYU (74-73) in the finals of the South Padre Island Classic on Nov. 27, and lost at home to Utah State (75-65) in an ESPN Bracketbuster game. The Wildcats opened the season (Nov. 12) losing at Utah State (77-65), and lost at home to BYU, 72-66, on Dec. 21.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41