GAME 31: at Saint Mary's
WHEN: Friday, March 11, 2010
WHERE: McKeon-Pavilion (3,388)
SITE: Moraga, California
TIME: 8:05 p.m. (MST)
Saint Mary's leads the series, 2-0. SMC won 80-69 in Moraga during the 1990-91 season, then won in Ogden the next season (1991-92) 74-71.
WEBER STATE VS. WCC
Weber State is a collective 53-19 (.736) vs. teams which currently make up the WCC. Most of those games (43) came against former Big Sky Conference member, Gonzaga (1963-79). The Cats are 31-12 vs. the Bulldogs. ... The two teams in the WCC with a winning record vs. Weber State are Saint Mary's (2-0-) and San Francisco (2-1).
SCOUTING THE GAELS
Saint Mary's comes into Friday's game with an overall record of 24-8. SMC lost to Gonzaga, 75-63, last Monday night in the finals of the WCC post-season tournament. SMC has lost four of its last six games. .... The Gaels have significant wins over St. John's (NY), 76-71, back on November 15 at home. They won at Gonzaga, 73-71, on Jan. 27. ... SMC and WSU have two common foes this year in BYU and Utah State. The Gaels lost to BYU (74-73) in the finals of the South Padre Island Classic on Nov. 27, and lost at home to Utah State (75-65) in an ESPN Bracketbuster game. The Wildcats opened the season (Nov. 12) losing at Utah State (77-65), and lost at home to BYU, 72-66, on Dec. 21.
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- BYU offensive line coming together in time...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school...
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 146
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 108
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 98
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 73
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should... 41
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 35