I took a trip to Idaho this winter, and they had their share of snow. Idaho uses what they call sand instead of salt for snow control on their roads. After many hours of white-knuckle driving and three dozen small chips in our cars front window from "sandy" rocks, we made it back to Utah. Congratulations to our Utah State Highway Department for doing a super job clearing our roads. Also thanks to our Salt Lake County road crews this winter who have also done a great, timely clearing job.
David S. Taylor
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day