I took a trip to Idaho this winter, and they had their share of snow. Idaho uses what they call sand instead of salt for snow control on their roads. After many hours of white-knuckle driving and three dozen small chips in our cars front window from "sandy" rocks, we made it back to Utah. Congratulations to our Utah State Highway Department for doing a super job clearing our roads. Also thanks to our Salt Lake County road crews this winter who have also done a great, timely clearing job.
David S. Taylor
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14