I took a trip to Idaho this winter, and they had their share of snow. Idaho uses what they call sand instead of salt for snow control on their roads. After many hours of white-knuckle driving and three dozen small chips in our cars front window from "sandy" rocks, we made it back to Utah. Congratulations to our Utah State Highway Department for doing a super job clearing our roads. Also thanks to our Salt Lake County road crews this winter who have also done a great, timely clearing job.
David S. Taylor
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Chaffetz named... 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31