Charlie Riedel)na, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Cory Higgins scored 28 points, Alec Burks had 24 and Colorado beat No. 19 Kansas State for the third time this season, ousting the Wildcats 87-75 on Thursday in the Big 12 tournament quarterfinals.
Colorado (21-12), after losing nine in a row to Kansas State, was the only team to beat the streaking Wildcats (22-10) in their final nine games.
Higgins had 19 points in the second half, picking up the slack while Burks struggled with three fouls and spent much of the time on the bench. The Buffaloes closed the game on a 14-3 run, sinking eight straight free throws during one stretch. They were 23 of 27 from the line.
Jacob Pullen and Curtis Kelly had 18 points apiece for Kansas State, which rode a six-game winning streak into the tournament. Kelly also had 10 rebounds.
Andre Roberson had 11 points and 14 rebounds for Colorado.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 128
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 51
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 15