TORONTO — In just four days, Jeremy Evans has gone from being a D-League starter to an NBA starter.
Because of Paul Millsap's left knee injury, the second-round pick from Western Kentucky will begin tonight's game against the Toronto Raptors in the Utah Jazz's starting lineup for the first time in his young career.
Evans, who had a two-game stint with the Utah Flash last weekend, won't be the only substitute starter for the Jazz.
C.J. Miles will replace the ailing Andrei Kirilenko (back) as the Jazz's starting small forward.
Banged-up Utah will also be without backup big man Francisco Elson (knee and ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin, however, will have the services of returning reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko and 10-day contract signee Marcus Cousin.
Fesenko will dress after missing Monday's game in New York because of back spasms.
Cousin joined the Jazz in Toronto this morning after signing with the NBA club out of the Austin Toros of the D-League. The 6-11 center, who played college ball at Houston and Seton Hall, has also played professionally overseas.
The Jazz are catching one break in the personnel department. Toronto will be without standout center Andrea Bargnani, who is suffering from the flu.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 69
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 41
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 38
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27