TORONTO — In just four days, Jeremy Evans has gone from being a D-League starter to an NBA starter.
Because of Paul Millsap's left knee injury, the second-round pick from Western Kentucky will begin tonight's game against the Toronto Raptors in the Utah Jazz's starting lineup for the first time in his young career.
Evans, who had a two-game stint with the Utah Flash last weekend, won't be the only substitute starter for the Jazz.
C.J. Miles will replace the ailing Andrei Kirilenko (back) as the Jazz's starting small forward.
Banged-up Utah will also be without backup big man Francisco Elson (knee and ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin, however, will have the services of returning reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko and 10-day contract signee Marcus Cousin.
Fesenko will dress after missing Monday's game in New York because of back spasms.
Cousin joined the Jazz in Toronto this morning after signing with the NBA club out of the Austin Toros of the D-League. The 6-11 center, who played college ball at Houston and Seton Hall, has also played professionally overseas.
The Jazz are catching one break in the personnel department. Toronto will be without standout center Andrea Bargnani, who is suffering from the flu.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 54
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 46
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35