TORONTO — In just four days, Jeremy Evans has gone from being a D-League starter to an NBA starter.
Because of Paul Millsap's left knee injury, the second-round pick from Western Kentucky will begin tonight's game against the Toronto Raptors in the Utah Jazz's starting lineup for the first time in his young career.
Evans, who had a two-game stint with the Utah Flash last weekend, won't be the only substitute starter for the Jazz.
C.J. Miles will replace the ailing Andrei Kirilenko (back) as the Jazz's starting small forward.
Banged-up Utah will also be without backup big man Francisco Elson (knee and ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin, however, will have the services of returning reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko and 10-day contract signee Marcus Cousin.
Fesenko will dress after missing Monday's game in New York because of back spasms.
Cousin joined the Jazz in Toronto this morning after signing with the NBA club out of the Austin Toros of the D-League. The 6-11 center, who played college ball at Houston and Seton Hall, has also played professionally overseas.
The Jazz are catching one break in the personnel department. Toronto will be without standout center Andrea Bargnani, who is suffering from the flu.
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Presto! Utah Jazz pull a magical 2nd win out...
- Brad Rock: Utes now look at bowl pairing from...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 60
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31