Mitt Romney rips President Barack Obama for hurting families
In an op-ed piece in the Boston Herald, Mitt Romney rips President Barack Obama's economic policy for hurting families.
"Behind the unemployment statistics is a lot of heartbreak," Romney said. "Unemployment means children who can't go to college; marriages that break up under the financial strain; young people who can't find jobs and start their lives; and men and women in their fifties, in the prime of their lives, who fear they will never work again."
Romney was expanding on a term— "the Obama Misery Index" — that he first introduced over the weekend in New Hampshire.
With Obama spending the day in Boston, Romney's article was only one-half of a one-two Republican punch in the Beantown media. Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., wrote an open letter to Obama in the Boston Globe that also ran in Tuesday and chided Obama to lessen the tax burden on businesses.
"Higher taxes mean fewer jobs, and America has the second-highest corporate tax rate of any industrialized country," Brown wrote. "When Japan reduces its tax rate, we'll have the dubious distinction of being number one. We need to improve the incentives for businesses to create jobs here in America."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 32
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13