Mitt Romney rips President Barack Obama for hurting families
In an op-ed piece in the Boston Herald, Mitt Romney rips President Barack Obama's economic policy for hurting families.
"Behind the unemployment statistics is a lot of heartbreak," Romney said. "Unemployment means children who can't go to college; marriages that break up under the financial strain; young people who can't find jobs and start their lives; and men and women in their fifties, in the prime of their lives, who fear they will never work again."
Romney was expanding on a term— "the Obama Misery Index" — that he first introduced over the weekend in New Hampshire.
With Obama spending the day in Boston, Romney's article was only one-half of a one-two Republican punch in the Beantown media. Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., wrote an open letter to Obama in the Boston Globe that also ran in Tuesday and chided Obama to lessen the tax burden on businesses.
"Higher taxes mean fewer jobs, and America has the second-highest corporate tax rate of any industrialized country," Brown wrote. "When Japan reduces its tax rate, we'll have the dubious distinction of being number one. We need to improve the incentives for businesses to create jobs here in America."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 35
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15