Utah Jazz: Injury-riddled team tries to recover to face Raptors
NEW YORK — The Utah Jazz had all 14 players with them when they practiced this morning at the ritzy New York Athletic Club across the street from Central Park.
But there was plenty of elbow room on the practice court at the famous club.
Because of injuries, only eight players fully participated in the workout a day after the team was "embarrassed" — to use a word repeated by multiple Jazz personnel — during a 131-109 rout by the New York Knicks.
The sidelined players included Paul Millsap (knee), Andrei Kirilenko (back), Ronnie Price (toe), Francisco Elson (ankle and knee), Kyrylo Fesenko (back) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Price, Elson, Fesenko and Okur have already been ruled out for the Jazz's game Wednesday night in Toronto, while Kirilenko is considered doubtful to play by the team's medical staff.
Millsap, who said he probably should've sat Monday's game out due to his painful left patellar tendinitis, will be a game-time decision against the Raptors.
The injury situation couldn't come at a worse time for the Jazz, who fell to 33-31 and find themselves 2.5 games out of a playoff spot while going the wrong direction.
Coach Tyrone Corbin had the injury-plagued team watch film for part of today's practice, and he went through offensive plays to continue to immerse newcomers Devin Harris and Derrick Favors into the system.
Corbin was still disappointed about Utah's defensive performance vs. the Knicks, who scored 40 points in the first quarter and 36 in the third.
About the effort overall, he said "it wasn't there."
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last year and...
- Samuel Benson: Whatever happened to the...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- The state of Utah's all-time NFL undrafted...
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Dillon Robinson's career takes an unexpected,...
- Doug Robinson: What do BYU's low draft...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 91
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 52
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 47
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 43
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's... 43
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last... 42
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of... 36
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in... 24