The Sentinel-Record, Mara Kuhn, Associated Press
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — Solomon Bozeman scored 23 points and Arkansas-Little Rock advanced to the Sun Belt tournament championship game with a 65-56 win over Middle Tennessee on Monday night.
The Trojans (18-16) have never won the tournament and are making their first appearance in the title game since 1996. They will face defending tournament champion North Texas on Tuesday with a berth to the NCAA tournament on the line.
The Blue Raiders (16-16) shot just 35.9 percent (14 of 39) and were led by JT Sulton, who had 21 points and 11 rebounds.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 43-42 in the second half before going a 8-1 run to go up 51-43. Bozeman, the Sun Belt player of the year, scored the final four points of the run on free throws. He finished 19 of 22 at the line.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22