HB477 is an abomination, and it would be a great injustice if this becomes law. The pathetically short amount of time the Legislature took to discuss the bill is also quite appalling. Chicago-style politics, anyone?
This bill would effectively destroy one of the most fundamental of freedoms — the right to know what our elected officials are doing. I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto this bill, thereby ensuring that the spirit of liberty will continue to permeate the great State of Utah with regard to freedom of information rights. It's the moral thing to do. Without his veto, the bill will become law and Utah's descent into authoritarianism will continue.
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19