HB477 is an abomination, and it would be a great injustice if this becomes law. The pathetically short amount of time the Legislature took to discuss the bill is also quite appalling. Chicago-style politics, anyone?
This bill would effectively destroy one of the most fundamental of freedoms — the right to know what our elected officials are doing. I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto this bill, thereby ensuring that the spirit of liberty will continue to permeate the great State of Utah with regard to freedom of information rights. It's the moral thing to do. Without his veto, the bill will become law and Utah's descent into authoritarianism will continue.
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 44
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 23