HB477 is an abomination, and it would be a great injustice if this becomes law. The pathetically short amount of time the Legislature took to discuss the bill is also quite appalling. Chicago-style politics, anyone?
This bill would effectively destroy one of the most fundamental of freedoms — the right to know what our elected officials are doing. I urge Gov. Gary Herbert to veto this bill, thereby ensuring that the spirit of liberty will continue to permeate the great State of Utah with regard to freedom of information rights. It's the moral thing to do. Without his veto, the bill will become law and Utah's descent into authoritarianism will continue.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26