Utah Jazz: Banged-up Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap to play against Knicks
NEW YORK — The Utah Jazz won't be quite as shorthanded as it seemed they might be this morning.
Both starting forwards — Andrei Kirilenko (back) and Paul Millsap (knee) — will battle through their injuries and play against the New York Knicks tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Utah will, however, still be without Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Kyrylo Fesenko (back), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin isn't quite sure how well Kirilenko and Millsap will be able to go with their banged-up bodies, but he's hopeful. This is a game the Jazz sure could use as they start a four-game road trip.
"Hopefully, all of our guys can play," Corbin said. "We need all of the advantages we can get and all of the bodies we can get on the floor."
One advantage Utah will have is that Knicks guard Chauncey Billups has been ruled out for the game.
The Jazz were expecting to see him play tonight after he sat out New York's win in Atlanta on Sunday.
With all of their injuries, the Jazz will only have 10 of their 14 players in uniform tonight. That group includes rookie Jeremy Evans, who was recalled from the Utah Flash after his weekend D-League assignment in Orem.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 112
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 74
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 45
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 39
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 27
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 22