Utah Jazz: Banged-up Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap to play against Knicks
NEW YORK — The Utah Jazz won't be quite as shorthanded as it seemed they might be this morning.
Both starting forwards — Andrei Kirilenko (back) and Paul Millsap (knee) — will battle through their injuries and play against the New York Knicks tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Utah will, however, still be without Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Kyrylo Fesenko (back), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin isn't quite sure how well Kirilenko and Millsap will be able to go with their banged-up bodies, but he's hopeful. This is a game the Jazz sure could use as they start a four-game road trip.
"Hopefully, all of our guys can play," Corbin said. "We need all of the advantages we can get and all of the bodies we can get on the floor."
One advantage Utah will have is that Knicks guard Chauncey Billups has been ruled out for the game.
The Jazz were expecting to see him play tonight after he sat out New York's win in Atlanta on Sunday.
With all of their injuries, the Jazz will only have 10 of their 14 players in uniform tonight. That group includes rookie Jeremy Evans, who was recalled from the Utah Flash after his weekend D-League assignment in Orem.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 137
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 88
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 65
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33