LAS VEGAS — Mitchell Young scored 17 points off the bench and freshman Stephen Holt added 15 to lead No. 1 seed Saint Mary's to a 73-64 victory over No. 4 seed Santa Clara in the semifinals of the West Coast Conference tournament Sunday night.
The Gaels (24-7) will face the winner of the other semifinal between Gonzaga and San Francisco in Monday's championship game. Saint Mary's is seeking its third straight WCC tournament title.
Marc Trasolini led Santa Clara (19-14) with 22 points, and Kevin Foster added 18 points, but made only 5-of-18 shots.
Saint Mary's led 31-29 at halftime and never trailed in the second half.
The win was the Gaels' third this season against the Broncos.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48