Utah Jazz: Getting to know new point guard Devin Harris
23 — Toughest part of a trade? Is it leaving friends behind, moving and packing, getting chased by fans in the street?
"I think it's more learning a new system, especially mid-season, especially in this type of situation where we're in a playoff hunt and we don't have time to really take a step back and really try to fit me in," Harris said. "We've got to move forward as we go along. I've got to try to learn as fast as I can."
22 — As for moving, Harris has settled into a nice hotel in Salt Lake City — not Williams' abode — where a harpist played a familiar broadway/Barbara Streisand tune that he couldn't help but accompany out loud mid-interview. He'll go house-hunting this summer. No word on whether the harpist will play in his home.
21 — Harris averaged a career-high 21.3 points — with 6.9 assists — during his only All-Star campaign in 2008-09.
20 — This was Harris' number in high school — one that was retired by the Red Raiders in 2007. And Gordon Hayward's number was the one he thought of wearing after finding out Miles had his preferred digits. "Coming here, the first thing I was, 'Dang. C.J.'s got 34. G-Man's got 20. I don't know what I'm going to wear.'"
19. — Harris' favorite charities to support are Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and he's been honored by the NBA for his charitable actions. He also holds an annual clinic through his foundation and worked with kids to be physically active while in New Jersey (and he's bummed to have missed a horseback riding expedition). Harris plans on spreading his philanthropic efforts to Utah once he's settled in.
18 — The first person Harris calls when something good or bad happens is usually Tiffany Farha, who handles his personal affairs, runs his foundation, handles his marketing and whom he admiringly calls his "life coach." No. 2 on the list: Dad.
17 — He was raised in Milwaukee, but the cheesehead native and most of his family now live in Dallas. His dad, mom Julie and Bruce relocated there after Harris joined the Mavericks, and they haven't missed not using a snow shovel since then.
"They loved the weather," said Harris, who owns a home in the Big D. "They didn't want to deal with the snow anymore in Wisconsin. They liked it and they stayed."
"That's home," he said of Dallas. "That's home."
16 — Why Harris likes granting kids' wishes so much: "One of my better friends developed cancer when we were in middle school (they were 11). He went through the Make-a-Wish Foundation and got to meet Scottie Pippen at an All-Star Game."
Continued Harris: "I saw the difference when he got back and how full of life he was. It was just something I always thought about doing. When I got the chance I just tried to execute it as much as possible."
15 — He doesn't have any juicy stories to recant about fellow Wisconsinite Rick Majerus, but Harris did attend a basketball camp in high school at the University of Utah that was put on by the ex-Ute coach. Was he tempted to be play for the U.? "I was a Wisconsin guy," he said, politely.
14 — Career-high points: 47 vs. Phoenix on 14-for-25 shooting on Nov. 30, 2008.
13 — Career-high assists: 15 against Indiana on March 26, 2008.
12 — Last season in New Jersey was hands-down the lowlight of Harris' career. It wasn't until March 29 when the Nets won their 10th game, preventing them from slumming in the NBA history books with the nine-win 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers.
"Flirting with being on one of the worst teams in history, only winning 12 games, it's kind of hard to take," Harris said. "(Winning) the 10th game was big."
11 — One thing Harris won't be doing anytime soon in Utah's mountains: "I'm not going to ski."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45