HARTFORD, Conn. — Anna Martin scored 17 points to lead No. 12 DePaul to a 66-54 win over St. John's on Sunday in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
Keisha Hampton and Katherine Harry each added 10 points for the Blue Demons (27-5), and Sam Quigley had nine points and seven assists.
Nadirah McKenith had 12 points and seven steals, Amanda Burakoski had 11 points and Da'Shena Stevens added 10 for St. John's (21-10).
The second-seeded Blue Demons led by nine at the half, and St. John's could not get closer than seven points the rest of the way.
The seeding is the Blue Demons' highest since they joined the league in 2005-06.
DePaul is now 6-5 in Big East tournament play, with all six wins coming in the team's opening game.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32