HARTFORD, Conn. — Anna Martin scored 17 points to lead No. 12 DePaul to a 66-54 win over St. John's on Sunday in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
Keisha Hampton and Katherine Harry each added 10 points for the Blue Demons (27-5), and Sam Quigley had nine points and seven assists.
Nadirah McKenith had 12 points and seven steals, Amanda Burakoski had 11 points and Da'Shena Stevens added 10 for St. John's (21-10).
The second-seeded Blue Demons led by nine at the half, and St. John's could not get closer than seven points the rest of the way.
The seeding is the Blue Demons' highest since they joined the league in 2005-06.
DePaul is now 6-5 in Big East tournament play, with all six wins coming in the team's opening game.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28