HARTFORD, Conn. — Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 24 points to lead top-ranked Connecticut to a 59-43 win over No. 17 Georgetown on Sunday in the Big East quarterfinals.
Tiffany Hayes added 10 points for the Huskies, who will face Rutgers on Monday night in the semifinals. UConn (30-1) has won 18 straight games since its lone loss of the season to Stanford on Dec. 30 that snapped the Huskies' record 90-game winning streak.
Maya Moore had a quiet offensive game, scoring only six points. It was only the fifth time in her stellar 147-game career that she didn't reach double digits. She did grab 15 rebounds.
UConn is trying to win its fourth straight Big East tournament championship and 17th overall. It was the Huskies' 79th consecutive victory at home and 67th straight conference win.
Sugar Rodgers scored 17 to lead Georgetown (22-10).
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21