HARTFORD, Conn. — Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 24 points to lead top-ranked Connecticut to a 59-43 win over No. 17 Georgetown on Sunday in the Big East quarterfinals.
Tiffany Hayes added 10 points for the Huskies, who will face Rutgers on Monday night in the semifinals. UConn (30-1) has won 18 straight games since its lone loss of the season to Stanford on Dec. 30 that snapped the Huskies' record 90-game winning streak.
Maya Moore had a quiet offensive game, scoring only six points. It was only the fifth time in her stellar 147-game career that she didn't reach double digits. She did grab 15 rebounds.
UConn is trying to win its fourth straight Big East tournament championship and 17th overall. It was the Huskies' 79th consecutive victory at home and 67th straight conference win.
Sugar Rodgers scored 17 to lead Georgetown (22-10).
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43