HARTFORD, Conn. — Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 24 points to lead top-ranked Connecticut to a 59-43 win over No. 17 Georgetown on Sunday in the Big East quarterfinals.
Tiffany Hayes added 10 points for the Huskies, who will face Rutgers on Monday night in the semifinals. UConn (30-1) has won 18 straight games since its lone loss of the season to Stanford on Dec. 30 that snapped the Huskies' record 90-game winning streak.
Maya Moore had a quiet offensive game, scoring only six points. It was only the fifth time in her stellar 147-game career that she didn't reach double digits. She did grab 15 rebounds.
UConn is trying to win its fourth straight Big East tournament championship and 17th overall. It was the Huskies' 79th consecutive victory at home and 67th straight conference win.
Sugar Rodgers scored 17 to lead Georgetown (22-10).
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21