Jessica Hill, Associated Press
HARTFORD, Conn. — April Sykes scored 16 of her 18 points in the second half and Rutgers beat No. 20 Marquette 68-62 in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
Monique Oliver added 18 points and seven rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (19-11) and Chelsey Lee had 14 points and nine rebounds.
Rutgers has won five in a row, a streak that started with a win over the Golden Eagles.
Angel Robinson had 18 points Jasmine Collins tied a career-high with 17 points for the Marquette (23-8).
Rutgers trailed by two at halftime, but opened the second half on a 15-4 run to take a 39-30 lead and led by as many as 15 before cruising to the win.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 141
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 18
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16