Jessica Hill, Associated Press
HARTFORD, Conn. — April Sykes scored 16 of her 18 points in the second half and Rutgers beat No. 20 Marquette 68-62 in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
Monique Oliver added 18 points and seven rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (19-11) and Chelsey Lee had 14 points and nine rebounds.
Rutgers has won five in a row, a streak that started with a win over the Golden Eagles.
Angel Robinson had 18 points Jasmine Collins tied a career-high with 17 points for the Marquette (23-8).
Rutgers trailed by two at halftime, but opened the second half on a 15-4 run to take a 39-30 lead and led by as many as 15 before cruising to the win.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 66
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51