SANDY — The BYU and Utah rugby teams will kick off the inaugural College Premier League season today at 4 p.m. at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Thus far in 2011, both Utah and BYU have posted strong preseasons, with Utah boasting big wins over UC Santa Barbrara (57-5), Oregon (60-0) and two wins over CPL foes in Penn State (46-12) and Delaware (45-0). The Utes are currently 6-1 with their lone loss coming in an abbreviated game against Cal-Berkeley.
BYU is undefeated on the young 2011 season with a 5-0 record. The Cougars have beaten four fellow CPL foes by an average score of 77-2 (Penn State, Cal Poly SLO, Claremont, SDSU).
The BYU-Utah game will be preceded by two separate curtain-raisers, as Highland takes on Utah Valley at 2 p.m. and Davis County takes on Lone Peak at noon.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25