SANDY — The BYU and Utah rugby teams will kick off the inaugural College Premier League season today at 4 p.m. at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Thus far in 2011, both Utah and BYU have posted strong preseasons, with Utah boasting big wins over UC Santa Barbrara (57-5), Oregon (60-0) and two wins over CPL foes in Penn State (46-12) and Delaware (45-0). The Utes are currently 6-1 with their lone loss coming in an abbreviated game against Cal-Berkeley.
BYU is undefeated on the young 2011 season with a 5-0 record. The Cougars have beaten four fellow CPL foes by an average score of 77-2 (Penn State, Cal Poly SLO, Claremont, SDSU).
The BYU-Utah game will be preceded by two separate curtain-raisers, as Highland takes on Utah Valley at 2 p.m. and Davis County takes on Lone Peak at noon.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32