OREM — Utah improved upon its franchise-best win streak tonight as the Flash beat the Thunderbirds 106-88.
The streak was extended to eight games in front of Gordon Hayward, Ty Corbin of the Utah Jazz, and several members of the Sacramento Kings, including Flash guard Ryan Thompson's brother.
The Flash trailed early in the first quarter 16-7, but a mid-quarter run 14-point-run gave them the lead. The T-Birds bounced back in the last half of the quarter with 10 points, closing the gap, but were still unable to regain the lead. The Flash had seven steals in the first quarter.
The Flash maintained a 10-point lead at the end of the first half [60-50]. Gaffney remained the game's high scorer with 13 points. Dar Tucker had 12 points for the T-Birds. The Flash took advantage of the T-Bird's offensive mishaps during the first half with 13 points made off of 11 T-Bird turnovers.
Ryan Thompson led the Flash with his season-best 21 points. Kevin Kruger had an impressive 12 assists, the highest this season for any Flash player. Kruger also had 10 points and six steals. Jazz assignee Jeremy Evans had 10 points and eight rebounds in 34 minutes for the Flash.
Tucker led the T-Birds with 20 points and nine rebounds. Former Flash-man J.R. Giddens scored 19 for New Mexico.
Once again the Flash played unselfishly, serving up 30 assists on the night.
The Flash will wrap up the weekend series against the T-Birds tomorrow night at 7 p.m. Saturday's game will be aired on Versus Television.
Tickets for tomorrow's game and all tickets are available by calling (801) 434-HOOP (4667).
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 86
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 42
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8