Utah Jazz: Jeremy Evans sent down to play for D-League Flash
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz held practice this morning, but they didn't have a full squad of players healthy and able to fully participate.
For one thing, Jeremy Evans was not with the team. The rookie forward was given a D-League assignment with the Utah Flash.
The second-round pick, who has played sparingly this season and not at all lately for the Jazz, will play for the Flash both tonight and Saturday in Orem. Coach Tyrone Corbin said the team wants to give him playing experience and said that Evans might travel with the Jazz on their four-game road trip back East.
Earl Watson (mouth) and Ronnie Price (toe) were unavailable for practice because of their injuries, Derrick Favors (cold) was going to give it a go and Mehmet Okur (back) continues to gradually increase his basketball-related activity without fully participating with the team.
Watson received six stitches in his lacerated lip during the fourth quarter of the Jazz's 103-101 loss Thursday when he was popped in the mouth by a Denver player. Watson was not dressed to practice this morning and held a towel with ice on his mouth during the interview session.
Watson will be a game-time decision for Saturday's game.
Price also was not going to practice. He has been placed in a walking boot to help protect his sprained right big toe, which has given him problems since he injured it three weeks ago against Chicago.
An MRI taken Wednesday revealed that Price's toe is merely sprained, but he said the joint has popped on him a couple of times causing pain and limiting his mobility. He is doubtful for Saturday's home game against his old team, Sacramento.
Favors returned to the team after being sent home from the shootaround and prior to tipoff on Thursday because of his illness. Though feeling better, he was not sure how much practice he'd be able to do after missing his first game as a Jazz player.
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 38
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19