"Once when Scott was encouraging me to move outside my comfort zone, he said, 'Michael, you can't live your life in fear. I lived most of my life like that, but I don't want to live like that anymore. That's not living,'" said Malek-Evans, who took the "Media and Ministry" course that Adam developed and taught at Fuller.
"Well, teacher, friend, I hope that the next time I cower in fear I'll see you look at me across the deck of the Quest saying to me, 'Michael, you can't live your life in fear,' and I hope I'll learn the lesson this time."
Sternberg, another of Adam's former students, said the Adams had invited Sternberg and his wife to sail with them for a few weeks each year since 2006 and offered them spots on the vessel as it sailed from New Zealand to Hong Kong as a wedding gift. The newlyweds were too busy, Sternberg said, but had finally planned to join the Adams when the Quest reached the Mediterranean this summer.
"That was a dream or a song that was always in the background of our whole relationship when we were dating and we got married and we finally decided to go. We could go. We had some money," Sternberg said. "Even though their recurring invitation is no longer there, in a way it is there: Live your own adventure, have your own adventure."
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian plane;...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 19
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Former Secretary of State Hillary... 6