Sen. Orrin Hatch utters profanity about President Obama's health care reform
Sen. Orrin Hatch really, really doesn't like President Obama's health care reform — so much so that, during a recent appearance at Utah State University, Utah's senior senator used profane language to describe the reform law.
Here are Hatch's remarks from a question-and-answer session in Logan on Friday, as originally reported in the Utah Statesman student newspaper.
"Every state has different demographics, every state has different problems," Hatch said. "It's good to allow them to work out their own problems rather than a one-size-fits-all federal government dumb-ass program. It really is an awful piece of crap."
The Statesman further reported, "Hatch apologized for swearing and said he does not swear often. He said he is passionate about the health care debate and would repent for using the words that he did."
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17