Sen. Orrin Hatch utters profanity about President Obama's health care reform
Sen. Orrin Hatch really, really doesn't like President Obama's health care reform — so much so that, during a recent appearance at Utah State University, Utah's senior senator used profane language to describe the reform law.
Here are Hatch's remarks from a question-and-answer session in Logan on Friday, as originally reported in the Utah Statesman student newspaper.
"Every state has different demographics, every state has different problems," Hatch said. "It's good to allow them to work out their own problems rather than a one-size-fits-all federal government dumb-ass program. It really is an awful piece of crap."
The Statesman further reported, "Hatch apologized for swearing and said he does not swear often. He said he is passionate about the health care debate and would repent for using the words that he did."
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10