Game of the week: Celtics at Jazz
Newly acquired Devin Harris and Derrick Favors make their home debut for the Jazz against the Celtics on Monday night. Boston will be playing its final game of a four-game Western Conference road trip, so maybe the Jazz can take advantage of their old legs.
Kobe Bryant, Lakers: He reached the 1,500-point total for the 2010-11 season during the week. It is the 11th consecutive season he has reached the total, and that's the longest streak in the NBA since Karl Malone scored at least 1,500 points in 12 straight seasons. Malone did it from 1986-87 through 1997-98.
Kevin Love, Timberwolves: He extended his streak of double-doubles to 45 with 11 points and 14 rebounds in a 95-81 loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.
Gilbert Arenas, Magic: Think Deron Williams struggled from 3-point range before he got traded? He's got nothing on Arenas, who has missed 18 straight 3-pointers after going 0-for-3 against the Thunder on Friday.
Chris Bosh, Heat: He had a John Starks-like shooting performance against the Bulls on Thursday, making 1 of 18 shots.
Boston Celtics: They went ice cold from the field against Denver Thursday. They didn't score in the final six minutes, allowing Denver to close the game on a 16-0 run.
1. Derrick Rose, Bulls: Even a teammate of LeBron James says Rose is the current frontrunner for the MVP award this season.
"Derrick, he's had a phenomenal season," Heat forward Chris Bosh said on Thursday. "I think I would give it to Derrick if I were a voter. He's playing well. He's playing like the best point guard in the league and the best player in the league. He's the most valuable player if you really think about it. You take him out of the lineup, there's no telling what you get."
By the numbers
30-5 — When Utah's Al Jefferson had 30 points and five blocked shots against the Pacers on Friday, it was a rare feat. No Jazz player had scored as many points and blocked as many shots in the same game since Karl Malone put up the same numbers in a game against Golden State in January of 1994. Malone led the Jazz to a 119-91 win.
13 — Phoenix improved its record against Toronto to 13-0 since the start of the 2004-05 season when it beat the Raptors on Friday night. The Suns haven't lost to Toronto since Steve Nash rejoined the team.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43