The NEA/UEA takes teachers' union dues and gives a chunk of it to left-wing organizations and Democratic candidates. And in return, they tell the teachers how to vote and provide job protection.
It doesn't make sense for government employees to be unionized. If Gov. Gary Herbert followed Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's lead, public school teachers could keep more of their hard-earned money they receive from our hard-earned tax dollars.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29