The NEA/UEA takes teachers' union dues and gives a chunk of it to left-wing organizations and Democratic candidates. And in return, they tell the teachers how to vote and provide job protection.
It doesn't make sense for government employees to be unionized. If Gov. Gary Herbert followed Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's lead, public school teachers could keep more of their hard-earned money they receive from our hard-earned tax dollars.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22