Physics, Chemistry, and Calculus are all classes I wouldn't have even stepped into if it hadn't been for the Regents' Scholarship and the requirements associated with it. The Regents' Scholarship pushes students like me to take classes that challenge the intellect. Because of the Regents' scholarship I was able to raise my ACT score and get into universities that I may not have been able to without the heavy class load that I took.
Now as I look forward to attending the college of my dreams, I am grateful for my high school experience and the challenging courses I took.
And, did I mention I'll be receiving a substantial scholarship money for the first four semesters of college? Thank you, Utah State Board of Regents for creating a scholarship opportunity for anyone who is willing to work hard.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 46
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31