My husband was an usher at Energy Solutions Arena. When Jerry Sloan found out that my husband was dying of cancer, yet still insisted on going into work at every Jazz home game, Jerry took it upon himself to get all the coaches, along with Deron Williams, together for an autographed picture, which he framed and presented to my husband. My husband treasured this picture, and showed it to everyone who came to visit him as he spent his last days in his hospital bed.
I felt like I needed to add one more story to Jerry Sloan's legend, so others could see the kind person he is underneath his often stern demeanor.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31