My husband was an usher at Energy Solutions Arena. When Jerry Sloan found out that my husband was dying of cancer, yet still insisted on going into work at every Jazz home game, Jerry took it upon himself to get all the coaches, along with Deron Williams, together for an autographed picture, which he framed and presented to my husband. My husband treasured this picture, and showed it to everyone who came to visit him as he spent his last days in his hospital bed.
I felt like I needed to add one more story to Jerry Sloan's legend, so others could see the kind person he is underneath his often stern demeanor.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19