My husband was an usher at Energy Solutions Arena. When Jerry Sloan found out that my husband was dying of cancer, yet still insisted on going into work at every Jazz home game, Jerry took it upon himself to get all the coaches, along with Deron Williams, together for an autographed picture, which he framed and presented to my husband. My husband treasured this picture, and showed it to everyone who came to visit him as he spent his last days in his hospital bed.
I felt like I needed to add one more story to Jerry Sloan's legend, so others could see the kind person he is underneath his often stern demeanor.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27