My husband was an usher at Energy Solutions Arena. When Jerry Sloan found out that my husband was dying of cancer, yet still insisted on going into work at every Jazz home game, Jerry took it upon himself to get all the coaches, along with Deron Williams, together for an autographed picture, which he framed and presented to my husband. My husband treasured this picture, and showed it to everyone who came to visit him as he spent his last days in his hospital bed.
I felt like I needed to add one more story to Jerry Sloan's legend, so others could see the kind person he is underneath his often stern demeanor.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 33
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- Letter: Acting presidential 20