My husband was an usher at Energy Solutions Arena. When Jerry Sloan found out that my husband was dying of cancer, yet still insisted on going into work at every Jazz home game, Jerry took it upon himself to get all the coaches, along with Deron Williams, together for an autographed picture, which he framed and presented to my husband. My husband treasured this picture, and showed it to everyone who came to visit him as he spent his last days in his hospital bed.
I felt like I needed to add one more story to Jerry Sloan's legend, so others could see the kind person he is underneath his often stern demeanor.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 105
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41