Utah Jazz: Mavericks blow out Jazz after Deron Williams trade
Veteran Earl Watson, who filled in for Williams on Wednesday as the starting point guard, said the Jazz — who haven't won in 17 days, since eking out a 107-104 win at Sacramento on Feb. 7 — need to put the difficult circumstances in the rear-view mirror.
"We're definitely past that. Now it's time for a sense of urgency. It's time to play with a mission," said Watson after his outing that included seven points, five assists and four turnovers. "The quicker we can get settled and get our rhythm, the quicker we can start pulling together as much as possible to head towards the playoffs."
Like Corbin said earlier in the day, Watson believes the Jazz just might come out of this rough stretch even stronger.
"It's been an interesting two or three weeks," Watson said. "It's definitely going to create mental toughness and make us a better team."
Added Corbin: "I don't want guys going out there thinking this is a chance for me to be the guy. This is a chance for us to be the team."
Wednesday's loss — Utah's third defeat in as many tries against Dallas this season — dropped the Jazz into the ninth spot and out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference for the first time this season. But that's not to say the restructured team has given up postseason hope.
"We're going to keep the faith, stay positive and continue trying to fight," Millsap said. "We're just going to try to control what we can control, and that's going out there playing hard every game."
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- Deseret News Sports Podcast: Talking Utah,...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 71
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 38