Fredette hit just 9-of-25 shots from the field, and only 2-of-9 from 3-point territory, but he knocked down 14-of-16 free throws. The national player of the year candidate scored 10 of the Cougars' final 15 points.
As a team, the Cougars shot just 40 percent from the floor and 5-for-23 from 3-point range (22 percent).
Read the rest of Jeff Call's game recap here.
Read Jeff Call's game preview here.
Follow all the action with our live game blog.
Cougars on the air
Colorado St. (18-8, 8-4) at No. 7 BYU (25-2, 11-1)
Today, 6 p.m., Marriott Center
TV: The Mtn. Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45
- Annual instate college basketball... 37