Freshman guard Kim Parker has been named Mountain West Conference women's basketball player of the week.
Against TCU, Parker led BYU with a team-high 14 points and only missed one shot of her nine attempts. She was a perfect 4-for-4 from the free-throw line and 4-for-5 from the field, including 2-for-3 from 3-point range. Parker also had two rebounds and a steal in 22 minutes.
Parker averages 5.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game for the Cougars. She is a former Deseret News Mrs. Basketball from Wasatch High.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28