Freshman guard Kim Parker has been named Mountain West Conference women's basketball player of the week.
Against TCU, Parker led BYU with a team-high 14 points and only missed one shot of her nine attempts. She was a perfect 4-for-4 from the free-throw line and 4-for-5 from the field, including 2-for-3 from 3-point range. Parker also had two rebounds and a steal in 22 minutes.
Parker averages 5.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game for the Cougars. She is a former Deseret News Mrs. Basketball from Wasatch High.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 155
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 42
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19