Should we capitulate to those who publicly address the immigration dilemma with fancy words and ignore the factors of the law and the cost? Neither Craig Galli ("The Fate of Utah's Immigration Policy," My View, Feb. 15) nor the Utah Compact address these as they preach to us via the media. It is truly astonishing that both clearly endorse continued violation of the very law that keeps us safe and free.
Unless and until we face up to the severe violations of our laws and do everything possible to put a stop to them, we will never solve this problem or the cost problem.
Charles B. Jackson
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15