Should we capitulate to those who publicly address the immigration dilemma with fancy words and ignore the factors of the law and the cost? Neither Craig Galli ("The Fate of Utah's Immigration Policy," My View, Feb. 15) nor the Utah Compact address these as they preach to us via the media. It is truly astonishing that both clearly endorse continued violation of the very law that keeps us safe and free.
Unless and until we face up to the severe violations of our laws and do everything possible to put a stop to them, we will never solve this problem or the cost problem.
Charles B. Jackson
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 45
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16