Should we capitulate to those who publicly address the immigration dilemma with fancy words and ignore the factors of the law and the cost? Neither Craig Galli ("The Fate of Utah's Immigration Policy," My View, Feb. 15) nor the Utah Compact address these as they preach to us via the media. It is truly astonishing that both clearly endorse continued violation of the very law that keeps us safe and free.
Unless and until we face up to the severe violations of our laws and do everything possible to put a stop to them, we will never solve this problem or the cost problem.
Charles B. Jackson
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 45
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21