Should we capitulate to those who publicly address the immigration dilemma with fancy words and ignore the factors of the law and the cost? Neither Craig Galli ("The Fate of Utah's Immigration Policy," My View, Feb. 15) nor the Utah Compact address these as they preach to us via the media. It is truly astonishing that both clearly endorse continued violation of the very law that keeps us safe and free.
Unless and until we face up to the severe violations of our laws and do everything possible to put a stop to them, we will never solve this problem or the cost problem.
Charles B. Jackson
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 48
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 38
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17