Should we capitulate to those who publicly address the immigration dilemma with fancy words and ignore the factors of the law and the cost? Neither Craig Galli ("The Fate of Utah's Immigration Policy," My View, Feb. 15) nor the Utah Compact address these as they preach to us via the media. It is truly astonishing that both clearly endorse continued violation of the very law that keeps us safe and free.
Unless and until we face up to the severe violations of our laws and do everything possible to put a stop to them, we will never solve this problem or the cost problem.
Charles B. Jackson
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30