We listened to a recent legislative hearing for Rep. Stephen Sandstrom's immigration reform bill, HB70, via the Web. All of the testimony, pro and con, was informative. However, we feel Sandstrom is deluding himself when he says his legislation isn't in conflict with the "Utah Compact: A Declaration of Five Principles To Guide Utah's Immigration Discussion."
His enforcement-only approach will create a culture of fear, disrupt families across the state, and negatively impact our economy. We urge Sandstrom to table his legislation and join forces with the Utah Compact's civic, business, law enforcement, and religious leaders who see a better way forward.
Ron and Sara Lee
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 62
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- My view: What message does Melania's... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30