SAN FRANCISCO — President Barack Obama's hunt for innovative ideas to spur job creation has led him to the West Coast to brainstorm with some of the brightest technological minds in the country.
On Friday, he was visiting the Intel corporation's semiconductor facility in Hillsboro, Ore., to see how they're made and hear about company programs to encourage study in the fields of science and technology.
The president spent Thursday night in the San Francisco Bay area at a private dinner with a dozen top innovators, including Eric Schmidt of Google, Steve Jobs of Apple and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said afterward that Obama wants to keep meeting with the group so they can work as "partners" to create good jobs in the United States."
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5