I began my high school coaching career at West High in 1983 shortly before Jerry Sloan took over as Head Coach of the Jazz. I want to thank the organization for providing myself and our players with such great examples as John Stockton, Karl Malone, Jerry Sloan and Phil Johnson over the years.
Coach Sloan has been a great inspiration to me with the way he conducted himself throughout the years, and I am very sad to see such a legend as him leave the game. I wish him and Coach Johnson a great retirement
In recent years I have had the extreme pleasure of coaching Tyrell Corbin at West High. He is the son of the new Jazz coach Ty Corbin. I can honestly say that if Ty is half the coach that he and his wife, Danta, are as parents, then he will be very successful as the new head coach. Also if the Jazz players will respond to his guidance and instruction in basketball the way his son has from his father, then Jazz fans will be in for a real treat the next few years. Good luck Ty!
Head basketball coach, West High School
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 54
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27