MILWAUKEE — Carmelo Anthony scored 38 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead the Denver Nuggets over the Milwaukee Bucks 94-87 on Wednesday night in the final game for both teams before the All-Star break.
Anthony shook off a sore right shoulder after being hit in Monday night's loss to Houston to go 16 of 30 from the field and leave a lasting impression before heading to Los Angeles.
Chauncey Billups scored nine of his 20 points in the fourth quarter as the Nuggets got a much needed win after coming with four losses in five games.
John Salmons scored a season-high 33 points and Andrew Bogut grabbed 20 rebounds, but the Bucks lost for the eighth time in 10 games as they continue to be the worst-shooting and lowest-scoring team in the NBA.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34