OREM — The Utah Flash (17-15) earned their third consecutive win, and their fifth win this season against the Austin Toros (13-19), with Monday's 99-93 victory.
The Flash opened up the game on a quick 6-0 run, but the Toros battled back to take a two point lead into the quarter break. Both teams scored 14 points from the free throw line in a physical first quarter.
The Flash took the lead in the first minute of the second quarter (25-23). Although the lead changed three more times, the Flash outscored the Toros 30-20 during the second quarter. The Flash had 19 assists on 19 made baskets in the first half, a franchise record.
At the end of the third quarter the Flash lead had been cut to four (73-69). Gaffney began the third quarter with a layup shot giving the Flash a ten-point lead (53-43). The Toro's James Anderson answered back with a three pointer, but the Toros never could regain the lead.
The Flash used five made free throws late in the fourth to seal the win.
Coleman led the game with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Five Flash players scored in double digits. Orien Greene led Utah with 18 points, followed by Brian Hamilton with 16 and Kevin Kruger with 13. Sy led in rebounds with eight. The Flash had a season-high 27 assists on 30 made baskets.
The Flash play again at home Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the UCCU Events Center.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20