SANDY — Defender Nat Borchers has agreed to a four-year contract extension with Real Salt Lake after being voted to the league's top 11 last season.
Borchers' deal, announced Monday, follows similar agreements with goalkeeper Nick Rimando, which runs through 2013, and midfielder Will Johnson, which also runs through 2014.
The 29-year-old Borchers said "before these talks started, I came to the club and told them that I didn't want to play anywhere other than here."
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35