Danny Moloshok, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Malcolm Lee scored 19 points before fouling out and UCLA defeated Oregon State 69-61 Saturday, extending the Bruins' winning streak against the Beavers to 13 games.
Joshua Smith added 15 points for UCLA (18-7, 9-3 Pac-10), which won its fifth in a row and ninth in 10 games.
Of course, it helped that the Bruins were playing the Beavers, who haven't beaten them since the 2005 Pac-10 tournament, making UCLA's domination the longest active streak by a league team against another.
Oregon State (9-15, 4-9) was led by Jared Cunningham with 14 points, and Devon Collier and Roberto Nelson had 10 each. The young Beavers — who started one senior, two sophomores and two freshmen — have lost three in a row and nine of 11. Third-year coach Craig Robinson has beaten every other Pac-10 team, but he's 0-6 against the Bruins.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 283
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36