Danny Moloshok, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Malcolm Lee scored 19 points before fouling out and UCLA defeated Oregon State 69-61 Saturday, extending the Bruins' winning streak against the Beavers to 13 games.
Joshua Smith added 15 points for UCLA (18-7, 9-3 Pac-10), which won its fifth in a row and ninth in 10 games.
Of course, it helped that the Bruins were playing the Beavers, who haven't beaten them since the 2005 Pac-10 tournament, making UCLA's domination the longest active streak by a league team against another.
Oregon State (9-15, 4-9) was led by Jared Cunningham with 14 points, and Devon Collier and Roberto Nelson had 10 each. The young Beavers — who started one senior, two sophomores and two freshmen — have lost three in a row and nine of 11. Third-year coach Craig Robinson has beaten every other Pac-10 team, but he's 0-6 against the Bruins.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43