SALT LAKE CITY — The Tyrone Corbin Era will begin with a new lineup for the Utah Jazz.
Because of an injury to Raja Bell, C.J. Miles will step into the starting shooting guard spot tonight against the Phoenix Suns.
Bell (strained left calf) and Ronnie Price (sprained big right toe) will both miss Corbin's debut.
However, Francisco Elson (knee) will be available to play after missing Wednesday's game.
Tonight's ESPN-televised contest will be the first game that Sloan has not been the head coach of the Jazz since December 1988 when he took over for Frank Layden.
Sloan resigned Thursday, deciding it was "time to move on."
Though Sloan will not be in attendance, Hall of Famer Karl Malone will be at EnergySolutions Arena for the game.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45