SALT LAKE CITY — The Tyrone Corbin Era will begin with a new lineup for the Utah Jazz.
Because of an injury to Raja Bell, C.J. Miles will step into the starting shooting guard spot tonight against the Phoenix Suns.
Bell (strained left calf) and Ronnie Price (sprained big right toe) will both miss Corbin's debut.
However, Francisco Elson (knee) will be available to play after missing Wednesday's game.
Tonight's ESPN-televised contest will be the first game that Sloan has not been the head coach of the Jazz since December 1988 when he took over for Frank Layden.
Sloan resigned Thursday, deciding it was "time to move on."
Though Sloan will not be in attendance, Hall of Famer Karl Malone will be at EnergySolutions Arena for the game.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18