What is the Legislature thinking? They mandate that all children should be reading on grade level by the Third grade; then they want to cut the funding for K-3 reading improvement, which provides reading specialists to aid classroom teachers in accomplishing this monumental task. It just doesn't make sense.
Please fund HB230. Not doing so would be a travesty. Reading specialists provide a valuable service for students who need specialized instruction in reading. There has been much success in Granite School District. Many students have benefitted from the direct instruction by reading specialists. They have made great gains and growth in reading. Without the Tier II interventions from reading specialists these students will flounder.
Please don't sacrifice our children's future.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 53
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 43
- Letter: Breeding hate 40