What is the Legislature thinking? They mandate that all children should be reading on grade level by the Third grade; then they want to cut the funding for K-3 reading improvement, which provides reading specialists to aid classroom teachers in accomplishing this monumental task. It just doesn't make sense.
Please fund HB230. Not doing so would be a travesty. Reading specialists provide a valuable service for students who need specialized instruction in reading. There has been much success in Granite School District. Many students have benefitted from the direct instruction by reading specialists. They have made great gains and growth in reading. Without the Tier II interventions from reading specialists these students will flounder.
Please don't sacrifice our children's future.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 74
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 62
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 51
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33