What is the Legislature thinking? They mandate that all children should be reading on grade level by the Third grade; then they want to cut the funding for K-3 reading improvement, which provides reading specialists to aid classroom teachers in accomplishing this monumental task. It just doesn't make sense.
Please fund HB230. Not doing so would be a travesty. Reading specialists provide a valuable service for students who need specialized instruction in reading. There has been much success in Granite School District. Many students have benefitted from the direct instruction by reading specialists. They have made great gains and growth in reading. Without the Tier II interventions from reading specialists these students will flounder.
Please don't sacrifice our children's future.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 30