What is the Legislature thinking? They mandate that all children should be reading on grade level by the Third grade; then they want to cut the funding for K-3 reading improvement, which provides reading specialists to aid classroom teachers in accomplishing this monumental task. It just doesn't make sense.
Please fund HB230. Not doing so would be a travesty. Reading specialists provide a valuable service for students who need specialized instruction in reading. There has been much success in Granite School District. Many students have benefitted from the direct instruction by reading specialists. They have made great gains and growth in reading. Without the Tier II interventions from reading specialists these students will flounder.
Please don't sacrifice our children's future.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25