What is the Legislature thinking? They mandate that all children should be reading on grade level by the Third grade; then they want to cut the funding for K-3 reading improvement, which provides reading specialists to aid classroom teachers in accomplishing this monumental task. It just doesn't make sense.
Please fund HB230. Not doing so would be a travesty. Reading specialists provide a valuable service for students who need specialized instruction in reading. There has been much success in Granite School District. Many students have benefitted from the direct instruction by reading specialists. They have made great gains and growth in reading. Without the Tier II interventions from reading specialists these students will flounder.
Please don't sacrifice our children's future.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22