It was a tough loss, Williams said. Put it on me, because at the end of the game I had the ball in my hands. Ive gotta make the plays to win the game. Two turnovers, not characteristic for me. Put it on me.
Part of the night went very well for Jazz fans, who booed Boozer — with negative boos, not positive BOOZ! — every time he touched the ball.
Boozer, who played in Utah for six seasons that included injury-plagued moments and All-Star-worthy performances, missed 10 of 16 shots, only scored 14 points and grabbed just six rebounds in a quiet night.
His former understudy, meanwhile, had the crowd roaring much of the game.
Paul Millsap finished with 20 points and 14 rebounds. Al Jefferson, Boozers replacement, also had a huge night with 26 points and eight boards.
The Jazz, however, were doomed by missing 10 of 21 free throws and falling apart in the final minutes.
Brewer sank two free throws with 7.4 seconds left to seal the win for Chicago.
We felt like we had a chance to push it into overtime, Millsap said. But they made a good defensive play, and that was the game.
Brewer finished with six points and six boards, while Korver had five points.
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Real Salt Lake: RSL's quest to win MLS Cup...
- BYU football: Cougars to face Washington in...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 32
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 28
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27