CASA GRANDE, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake twice fell behind, yet also managed to lose a lead during a 3-3 exhibition draw against fellow MLS Western Conference side Seattle Sounders FC this afternoon at the Grande Sports World training complex.
In a 110-minute affair played across three periods (45/35/30), RSL coach Jason Kreis continued to build towards CONCACAF Champions League play in just two weeks' time against Columbus, playing the bulk of his starting 11 for 80 minutes, during which time the teams played to a 1-1 stalemate. The goals would come fast and furious in the last 30-minute stanza, when Collen Warner bagged a pair of goals two minutes apart to pull the Claret-and-Cobalt even and into the lead in the 97th and 99th minutes, respectively. However, a last-gasp attack by Sounders FC would lead to a penalty kick conversion from Fredy Montero in the final minute, forcing a share of the spoils on the day.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Halford helps key BYU's late-season run,...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 40
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29