BYU basketball: Alexis Kaufusi diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma
PROVO — BYU sophomore forward Alexis Kaufusi has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and will not compete for the women's basketball team the remainder of the season.
She's played in a total of 20 games this year averaging 4.9 points and 2.8 rebounds. Kaufusi is undergoing additional testing to determine the best course of treatment.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Alexis and her family at this time," said head coach Jeff Judkins. "We wish her a quick recovery and want her to know that she has our love and support."
Hodgkin's Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system, which is part of the immune system. Advances in diagnosis and treatment of Hodgkin's Lymphoma have helped to make this form of cancer highly treatable, with the potential for full recovery.
The family wishes to express their appreciation for all the support, well wishes and prayers during this time.
As a freshman in 2009-10, Kaufusi played in all 33 games averaging 16 minutes of playing time. She ranked first on the team in field goal percentage, recorded 10 double figure scoring games and posted two double-doubles.
For more information about Hodgkin's Lymphoma, please log onto: www.mayoclinic.com/health/hodgkins-disease/DS00186
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27