Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer also facing former team
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
However, their Chicago Bulls' teammate, Carlos Boozer, who had a much more controversial career with the Jazz, took center stage Tuesday afternoon after the Bulls' practice.
Nevertheless, Korver and Brewer both still spent a lot of time talking to the media about their return to Utah for tonight's game, where they are likely to receive warm receptions.
Like Boozer, Korver and Brewer signed free-agent contracts with the Bulls last summer, making the team look a bit like Utah Jazz East.
Both players are earning around $5 million per year and playing key roles off the bench for the 34-16 Bulls.
Korver has played in all 50 games with no starts and averages 8.4 points on 43.1 percent shooting from the field and 41.2 percent from 3-point range. Brewer has started once in 50 games and averages 6.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, while shooting 47.2 percent from the field.
Korver shrugged off the expected questions about women coming out to watch him play tonight and said, "I'm excited to be back. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile."
He said he misses the mountains and the people of Utah and had plans to go out with friends Tuesday night before the game. He said he wouldn't put any extra pressure on himself to play well in front of his old fans.
"You want to play well, but when you force the issue that's when you don't," he said. "I'd be disappointed if I stunk. But it's going to be fun, a high-energy game."
Brewer was traded from the Jazz late in the 2009-10 season to Memphis before getting hurt. He acknowledged he was disappointed to be let go by the Jazz, but understood the decision and would always be grateful for his experience in Utah.
"I got drafted here, I developed here, made some good friends here and developed good relationships with the coaches," he said. "We had a good thing here. But unfortunately we had to part ways and both parties did it for the best. It's been awhile since I've been here, but I'm happy to be back."
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 18