OREM — The defending NBA Development League champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers hit 23 more free throws in 21 more attempts to win the only meeting of the season against the Utah Flash, 109-99, on Monday at the UCCU Center.
The Vipers (22-9) are now winners of three-straight and 15-of-17. They are also within one game of the first place Tulsa 66ers (23-8).
The Vipers shot 28-for-35 (80%) from the foul line while the Flash (14-15), losers of three-straight, were 5-for-14.
Jerel McNeal led the Vipers with 26 points and seven assists while Richard Roby scored with 22 points to go with a career-high 11 rebounds. Kevin Kruger led the Flash with 14 points.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42