OREM — The defending NBA Development League champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers hit 23 more free throws in 21 more attempts to win the only meeting of the season against the Utah Flash, 109-99, on Monday at the UCCU Center.
The Vipers (22-9) are now winners of three-straight and 15-of-17. They are also within one game of the first place Tulsa 66ers (23-8).
The Vipers shot 28-for-35 (80%) from the foul line while the Flash (14-15), losers of three-straight, were 5-for-14.
Jerel McNeal led the Vipers with 26 points and seven assists while Richard Roby scored with 22 points to go with a career-high 11 rebounds. Kevin Kruger led the Flash with 14 points.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21