OREM — The defending NBA Development League champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers hit 23 more free throws in 21 more attempts to win the only meeting of the season against the Utah Flash, 109-99, on Monday at the UCCU Center.
The Vipers (22-9) are now winners of three-straight and 15-of-17. They are also within one game of the first place Tulsa 66ers (23-8).
The Vipers shot 28-for-35 (80%) from the foul line while the Flash (14-15), losers of three-straight, were 5-for-14.
Jerel McNeal led the Vipers with 26 points and seven assists while Richard Roby scored with 22 points to go with a career-high 11 rebounds. Kevin Kruger led the Flash with 14 points.
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22