OREM — The defending NBA Development League champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers hit 23 more free throws in 21 more attempts to win the only meeting of the season against the Utah Flash, 109-99, on Monday at the UCCU Center.
The Vipers (22-9) are now winners of three-straight and 15-of-17. They are also within one game of the first place Tulsa 66ers (23-8).
The Vipers shot 28-for-35 (80%) from the foul line while the Flash (14-15), losers of three-straight, were 5-for-14.
Jerel McNeal led the Vipers with 26 points and seven assists while Richard Roby scored with 22 points to go with a career-high 11 rebounds. Kevin Kruger led the Flash with 14 points.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45