The Ukrainian was unleashed from the bench, and he unleashed one of the top offensive outputs of his four-year career. Fesenko, who averages 2.2 points, powered in a season-high 11 points.
Not only did he spark Utah by nearly matching his career-high of a dozen points — set back on Dec. 27, 2008 — but Fesenko also gave Utah some needed defensive grit.
Fesenko, who missed 3 of 4 from the foul line, also grabbed seven rebounds and notched one big compliment from a coach who isn't shy of being critical of his antics.
"I think that's one of his better games," Sloan said. "He played bigger. Sometimes he plays like he's 6-1, and he's 7-feet tall."
Sloan added that he prefers "when (Fes) starts taking up space and goes to the basket and tries to get to the free-throw line. The biggest thing is dunking it first and then get the free throws."
Sloan also praised sparkplug playmaker Earl Watson, whose coast-to-coast layup with eight minutes remaining tied the game at 91-all after Utah had fallen behind 82-72.
Rookie DeMarcus Cousins led the Kings with 25 points and 14 rebounds, but he also had that critical turnover and fouled Kirilenko in the waning seconds.
Tyreke Evans had 21 points for a 12-36 Sacramento team that gave 31-22 Utah all it could handle.
"People don't realize — they mark it down as a victory and then if you don't win, you're a bunch of bums," Sloan said. "But these are hard games to play, they always have been."
The Jazz have another tough one Wednesday when the Chicago Bulls come to town and bring former Utah players Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer along with their surging squad.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37