BYU, Utah State basketball: Cougars move to No. 7 in poll; USU at No. 21
PROVO — After two hard-fought victories last week, BYU (22-2) jumped one spot to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning.
San Diego State (23-1) and Utah State (22-2) also both moved up one position in the AP poll, to No. 6 and No. 21, respectively.
The last time a Utah State team was ranked higher than 17th in any poll was at the end of the 1974-75 season when it was ranked 13th in the final United Press International Coaches' poll.
Utah State, who is on a 17-game winning streak, is the only team in the nation to have at least a 10-game winning streak in each of the last four years as it won 10 straight in 2008, a school-record tying 19 straight in 2009, and 17 in a row in 2010 to go along with its current streak.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5