BYU, Utah State basketball: Cougars move to No. 7 in poll; USU at No. 21
PROVO — After two hard-fought victories last week, BYU (22-2) jumped one spot to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning.
San Diego State (23-1) and Utah State (22-2) also both moved up one position in the AP poll, to No. 6 and No. 21, respectively.
The last time a Utah State team was ranked higher than 17th in any poll was at the end of the 1974-75 season when it was ranked 13th in the final United Press International Coaches' poll.
Utah State, who is on a 17-game winning streak, is the only team in the nation to have at least a 10-game winning streak in each of the last four years as it won 10 straight in 2008, a school-record tying 19 straight in 2009, and 17 in a row in 2010 to go along with its current streak.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25