BYU, Utah State basketball: Cougars move to No. 7 in poll; USU at No. 21
PROVO — After two hard-fought victories last week, BYU (22-2) jumped one spot to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning.
San Diego State (23-1) and Utah State (22-2) also both moved up one position in the AP poll, to No. 6 and No. 21, respectively.
In the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll, the Cougars climbed from No. 9 to No. 8 while SDSU remained at No. 6. The Aggies catapulted from No. 21 to No. 17 in the coaches poll.
The last time a Utah State team was ranked higher than 17th in any poll was at the end of the 1974-75 season when it was ranked 13th in the final United Press International Coaches' poll.
Utah State, who is on a 17-game winning streak, is the only team in the nation to have at least a 10-game winning streak in each of the last four years as it won 10 straight in 2008, a school-record tying 19 straight in 2009, and 17 in a row in 2010 to go along with its current streak.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 54
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 53
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48