BYU, Utah State basketball: Cougars move to No. 7 in poll; USU at No. 21
PROVO — After two hard-fought victories last week, BYU (22-2) jumped one spot to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning.
San Diego State (23-1) and Utah State (22-2) also both moved up one position in the AP poll, to No. 6 and No. 21, respectively.
In the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll, the Cougars climbed from No. 9 to No. 8 while SDSU remained at No. 6. The Aggies catapulted from No. 21 to No. 17 in the coaches poll.
The last time a Utah State team was ranked higher than 17th in any poll was at the end of the 1974-75 season when it was ranked 13th in the final United Press International Coaches' poll.
Utah State, who is on a 17-game winning streak, is the only team in the nation to have at least a 10-game winning streak in each of the last four years as it won 10 straight in 2008, a school-record tying 19 straight in 2009, and 17 in a row in 2010 to go along with its current streak.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21