BYU, Utah State basketball: Cougars move to No. 7 in poll; USU at No. 21
PROVO — After two hard-fought victories last week, BYU (22-2) jumped one spot to No. 7 in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning.
San Diego State (23-1) and Utah State (22-2) also both moved up one position in the AP poll, to No. 6 and No. 21, respectively.
In the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll, the Cougars climbed from No. 9 to No. 8 while SDSU remained at No. 6. The Aggies catapulted from No. 21 to No. 17 in the coaches poll.
The last time a Utah State team was ranked higher than 17th in any poll was at the end of the 1974-75 season when it was ranked 13th in the final United Press International Coaches' poll.
Utah State, who is on a 17-game winning streak, is the only team in the nation to have at least a 10-game winning streak in each of the last four years as it won 10 straight in 2008, a school-record tying 19 straight in 2009, and 17 in a row in 2010 to go along with its current streak.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28