Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Is Sen. Mike Lee an old-school political insider or a cutting-edge revolutionary?
This weekend Philip Rucker at the Washington Post explored the apparent conundrum presented by Lee simultaneously being both a consummate insider (he is the son of Ronald Reagan's solicitor general; a former Supreme Court clerk; second cousin of two other U.S. Senators; and a close family friend of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.) and someone who rose to power on the wave of the anti-establishment tea party movement.
There a lot of super interesting aspects to this piece we could go on and on about — it's journalism at its very best, folks — but you're probably best served just reading the actual article than hearing any more about it secondhand.
One thing we can definitively say, though: Rucker's Washington Post piece is only the second-best article profiling Lee. Click here to see the best.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16