CLEVELAND — The Cavaliers have the NBA's record for futility all to themselves.
Cleveland's losing streak reached 24 games Saturday night when Wesley Matthews scored 31 points and LaMarcus Aldridge added 20 to lead the Portland Trail Blazers to a 111-105 win over the pitiful Cavs, who remain winless in 2011 and have lost a mind-boggling 34 of 35.
The Cavs, who have won just once since Nov. 27, now own both the single-season mark for consecutive losses and matched the record for overall losses in a row they previously set over two seasons (1981-82 and 1982-83). Cleveland nearly overcame a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter, but once again failed to make plays down the stretch.
Antawn Jamison scored 17 for the Cavs, who will try to end their skid on Monday in Dallas.
MAVERICKS 101, BOBCATS 92: At Charlotte, N.C., Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Tyson Chandler grabbed 15 rebounds against his former team, and Dallas extended the NBA's longest active winning streak to eight.
HAWKS 99, WIZARDS 92: At Washington, Josh Smith scored 29 points and added a season-high 16 rebounds to lead the Hawks to the victory.
LAKERS 101, HORNETS 95: At New Orleans, Pau Gasol had a season-high 34 points to go with 10 rebounds, powering the Lakers to the road win.
NUGGETS 113, TIMBERWOLVES 100: At Minneapolis, Carmelo Anthony scored 25 points and J.R. Smith had 10 of his 14 points in the final seven minutes.
PISTONS 89, BUCKS 78: At Milwaukee, reserve Richard Hamilton scored 15 points in his first action since Jan. 10 and Tracy McGrady added 20.
ROCKETS 95, GRIZZLIES 93 (OT): At Houston, Kevin Martin scored 31 points, including 15-for-15 shooting from the free-throw line, and Houston won for the first time in six overtime games this year.
WARRIORS 101, BULLS 90: At Oakland, Calif., Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry sparked a 15-0 run in the fourth quarter that sealed Golden State's third straight win.
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn, 30-13,...
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage in...
- Utah high school football roundup: Frantic...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- BYU football video: Two plays that shifted...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football notebook: Cougars make do with...
- Utah Jazz rookie Trey Lyles taking his first...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- Utah's win over Oregon proof of what... 24
- Guest commentary: Utah's success and... 22
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20
- BYU's pregame fireside gets Michigan... 19