C. 224.1 million
D. 109.2 million
12. Which Dallas Cowboys shared the MVP award in Super Bowl XII (1978)?
A: Randy White and Harvey Martin
B. Roger Staubach and Robert Newhouse
C. Roger Staubach and Randy White
13. What franchises are each 0-4 in Super Bowl appearances?
A: Buffalo and Minnesota
B. Buffalo and Jacksonville
C. Minnesota and Cincinnati
D. Cincinnati and Cleveland
14. Which of these teams has never played in a Super Bowl?
A. Seattle Seahawks
B. Cleveland Browns
C. Carolina Panthers
D. Cincinnati Bengals
15. Which quarterback holds the record for most passing yards (414) in a Super Bowl?
A. Kurt Warner
B. Donovan McNabb
C. Joe Montana
D. Dan Marino
16. Which stadium holds the record for Super Bowl attendance?
A. Rose Bowl
B. Joe Robbie Stadium
C. Louisiana Superdome
D. Pontiac Silverdome
17. Who holds the record for most receiving yards (215) in a Super Bowl?
A. Isaac Bruce
B. Lynn Swann
C. Jerry Rice
D. Willie Gault
18. Select the correct lyrics to the "Super Bowl Shuffle," made famous by the Chicago Bears, who won Super Bowl XX (1986):
A. We're so bad we know we're good, blowin' your mind like we knew we would.
B. Well, they call me Sweetness. And I like to dance. Runnin' the ball is like making romance.
C. You're lookin' at the Fridge. I'm the rookie. I may be lost, but I'm no dumb cookie.
D. All of the above
19. Name the running back who holds the Super Bowl record for most rushing yards (204) in a game.
A. Thurman Thomas
B. Emmitt Smith
C. Timmy Smith
D. Larry Csonka
20. This city will host Super Bowl XLVI on Feb. 5, 2012.
C. New Orleans
21. How much does the Vince Lombardi Trophy, made by Tiffany & Co. of New York, cost?
22. Where was Super Bowl I played?
A. Rice Stadium
B. Orange Bowl
C. Tulane Stadium
D. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Answer Key: 1. D: Dallas, which defeated Denver, 27-10, in Super Bowl XII (1978) at the Louisiana Superdome. 2. B: Lamar Hunt, the pro football pioneer from the wealthy Dallas oil family. The first Super Bowl was held in 1967, though the term wasn't recognized by the NFL until 1969. 3. B: 2004, at Houston's Reliant Stadium. Justin Timberlake, P. Diddy, Kid Rock and Nelly also performed. 4. A: Chuck Noll, all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. 5. B: Cornerback Larry Brown, who intercepted two passes in the second half. 6. B: Charles Haley, with San Francisco for XXIII-XXIV and Dallas for XXVII-XXVIII, XXX. 7. A: South Florida. 8. A: Reggie White. 9. C: Pittsburgh, with six. San Francisco and Dallas have each won five. The Steelers are 6-1 all-time in Super Bowls, the 49ers 5-0 and Dallas 5-3. 10. A: receiver Jerry Rice. 11. B: 153,400,000. 12. A: Randy White and Harvey Martin led a Cowboys defense that recovered four fumbles and had four interceptions. 13. A: Buffalo and Minnesota. 14. B: Cleveland Browns. 15. A: Kurt Warner, for St. Louis in XXXIV (2000). 16. A: Rose Bowl, which drew 103,985 when it hosted Super Bowl XIV (1980) between the Steelers and Rams. 17. C: Jerry Rice, for San Francisco in XXIII (1989). 18. D: All of the above. 19. C: Timmy Smith, for Washington in XXII (1988). 20. B: Indianapolis. 21. B: $25,000. 22. D: Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles.
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35