Utah, meanwhile, fell to 30-22 — fell four games behind — after getting very little spark from its subs after the exact opposite happened in Friday's win.
"I know Russell and Kevin are our two All-Stars, but we are developing a good team here," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "Everybody has to chip in and do their job. … I thought out bench won the game tonight."
He won't get into an argument over that with Sloan.
"That probably hurt us a little bit," the Hall of Fame coach said of his bench's off night. "But, you know, that's what you run into sometimes. Their bench is pretty good. They've got a lot of guys who'd be starting on a lot of teams with their bench. When we made changes, they kind of got away from us."
But Sloan noted that even after OKC's subs did their jobs, the Jazz defense struggled doing its job.
"We couldn't stop them, and it was obvious on our faces whenever we played," Sloan said. "It looked like we were really disappointed in ourselves, and I know they were. They wanted to play better, but you have to give (the Thunder) credit."
NOTES: This was the most the Jazz scored in the first quarter since exploding for 41 points against Toronto on Nov. 3. … Detroit was the last NBA team to start 11-for-11, back on Feb. 19, 2010. … Utah hadn't started that hot since going 12-for-12 after tipoff against Sacramento on March 11, 1998. … Millsap notched his fourth 30-point game this season. … OKC's 62 percent from 3-point land was a season-high for a Jazz opponent.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16