Eric Risberg, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — All the formalites are almost over and the San Francisco Giants are moving toward defending their World Series championship.
The Giants kicked off a pre-spring training event for fans Saturday believing they have a stockpile of talent and experience to contend again next season.
Duplicating the postseason magic all summer won't be easy.
San Francisco's collection of misfits and castoffs came together at all the right times last season, lifting the franchise to its first title since 1954 and first since moving West in 1958.
The Giants have every reason to feel optimistic about a repeat performance with nearly their entire roster intact, except encores never seem to be that simple.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20