Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO -- Jimmer Fredette scored a game-high 29 points -- and became the Mountain West Conference's all-time leading scorer -- to lead BYU to a 78-64 victory over UNLV Saturday afternoon in front of a sellout crowd of 22,700 at the Marriott Center.
The No. 8 Cougars swept the regular-season series from the Runnin' Rebels for the first time since 2004.
Deseret News coverage of the game:
Dick Harmon: Fredette puts on a show
Jeff Call: BYU notebook
Live game blog with Dick Harmon right here.
Get a preview of the game here.
Cougars on the air
UNLV (17-5, 5-3 MWC) at No. 8 BYU (21-2, 7-1)
Saturday, 2 p.m.
TV: Versus Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Ranking the best draft picks in Utah Jazz...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 25