Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO -- Jimmer Fredette scored a game-high 29 points -- and became the Mountain West Conference's all-time leading scorer -- to lead BYU to a 78-64 victory over UNLV Saturday afternoon in front of a sellout crowd of 22,700 at the Marriott Center.
The No. 8 Cougars swept the regular-season series from the Runnin' Rebels for the first time since 2004.
Deseret News coverage of the game:
Dick Harmon: Fredette puts on a show
Jeff Call: BYU notebook
Live game blog with Dick Harmon right here.
Get a preview of the game here.
Cougars on the air
UNLV (17-5, 5-3 MWC) at No. 8 BYU (21-2, 7-1)
Saturday, 2 p.m.
TV: Versus Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22